27 September 2012 0 Comments


Follow Us

Is your divorce finalized?  Do you believe a judge has misapplied the law in your divorce settlement?  If so, you can appeal these decisions.  For the most part, you can only appeal a final order, not a temporary one.

The right to appeal a judge’s decision is governed by statute in California.  The filing turns jurisdiction over to the appellate court in matters other than child custody and child support, where the trial court has continuing jurisdiction.  There is a time limit to file an appeal.  Failure to file within the required time may result in a waiver of your right to appeal.

When you think the court has made a mistake in your divorce agreement, contact an experienced Riverside Divorce attorney who will help you evaluate your likelihood of winning an appeal and help you weigh the financial price with the benefits of an appeal.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.