6 May 2013 0 Comments

Changing or Modifying a Custody Agreement

Follow Us

Arriving at a child custody arrangement that is agreeable to both parents and is acceptable to the court is a great challenge.  Child custody is one of the most highly-contested issues in a divorce.

Sometimes circumstances drastically change in the years after a divorce.  If significant changes in your situation occur, you may need to modify your agreement.

Changing or modifying a custody agreement after the final order has been entered can be just as challenging.  Parents bring actions to modify child custody when certain reasons arise, such as:

  • One parent relocating for job or remarriage
  • Your child support should change if your child reaches the age of majority or enters college
  • Allegations of abuse
  • Change in parental fitness – abuse of alcohol and/or drugs
  • The child’s wishes

The court will review your request and make its decision based on the best interest of the child.

The attorneys at Holstrom, Sissung, Marks & Anderson will help you determine whether your ex-spouse has motives other than the best interests of your child.  We will guide you through the issues so you can focus on moving forward with your life.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.