9 January 2013 0 Comments

Charged with contempt of court

Follow Us

When a parent fails to comply with child custody or support orders, he or she may be charged with contempt of court.

Are you a parent who has not received support payments for your child?  If so, you can petition the court to enforce the terms of your divorce decree allowing for child support.  If your former spouse is found to be in contempt of court, he or she may be subject to enforcement actions that include wage or bank account garnishment.

If you are the parent who is failing to fulfill your custody and support obligations, it is important to work with an experienced Riverside Family Law attorney to develop a modified plan.  If you have just cause for not making your payments, a judge may establish a modification of your original child support order.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.