20 November 2012 0 Comments

Do you have support issues?

Follow Us

In many divorce cases, a spouse will attempt to hide income to prevent a proper calculation of their child support or spousal support order.  In other situations, it may be difficult to calculate the amount of income available because one of the parties owns his or her own business shares in a corporation or has an interest in a partnership.

In many self-employment situations, the IRS allows business deductions from Federal income tax purposes that may not be correct deductions from gross income for child support or spousal support.  This can include automobile payments or car insurance, personal expenses such as entertainment.

Regardless of whether you are the petitioner or respondent in a support action, it is wise for you to contact an experienced Riverside Family Law attorney who has handled many support issues, including unreported income and will help you in your time of need.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.