4 January 2011 0 Comments

Getting your spouse to sign divorce papers

Follow Us

It is easy enough to get a divorce when both parties agree to one, but what happens when one party does not want the divorce?  How can you get your spouse to sign the papers?  The number one thing to remember is that you can “catch more flies with honey than with vinegar”.  If you want cooperation from your spouse, be nice!  It is easier to persuade your spouse to do something when you are polite and not confrontational.

Consider this – your spouse will be more likely to sign the papers if you ask for his or her input on matters, such as property division and child custody.  Try and create a reasonable and fair agreement; don’t say no to compromise.

If you cannot work together amicably, retain separate attorneys.  Don’t let your emotions get the best or worst of you.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.