16 September 2013 0 Comments

How Do I Get My Maiden Name Back?

Follow Us

Twenty years ago when I got married I took my husband’s last name. I loved him very much and I believed this was my way of showing it.

I am now ending that twenty-year marriage; I’m going through a divorce and without a doubt I want to change my name back to my maiden name. How do I go about doing this?

Reverting back to your maiden name is common for many women after divorce.

The easiest way is to make sure an order allowing you to legally revert to using your maiden name is put into your divorce decree. California allows you to take back your maiden name even if it was not requested in your divorce papers. All you have to do is complete and submit the required paperwork to the court in which the divorce was filed.

Whether you need help with your divorce, property division, child custody, child support or reverting to your maiden name, you can rest assured that our skilled Riverside family lawyers will be able to assist you.

For prompt, caring and personal attention, focused on obtaining the best possible results, contact Holstrom, Sissung, Marks & Anderson and speak to an attorney who will take the time to understand the issues you are facing and your goals for yourself and your family.

Comments are closed.