23 October 2012 0 Comments

Want to return to your maiden name?

Follow Us

Now that your divorce is final you have decided that you do not want to keep your married name.  You are not sure how to return to your former name.  The process is fairly simple.

·     Contact the court clerk in Riverside county or whichever county your case was filed

·     You will need the case number, names of both parties and the date of the judgment filing

·     Complete an ex-parte application for restoration of former name after entry of judgment and


If you have questions regarding this process, contact an experienced Riverside Family Law attorney who will review your forms and make sure they are filled out properly.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.