13 March 2012 0 Comments

What is a young adult trust?

Follow Us

The years fly by very quickly, especially when there are children in the family.  Before you know it, your child is graduating from high school.  Once a child turns 18, California considers him or her to be an adult. 

Can your child handle valuable assets at the age of 18?  Even though technically your child is an adult, do you really want to transfer your assets to them without any restrictions?  If you are facing this dilemma, consider a Young Adult Trust – a revocable living trust created by your child.  It allows your child to have a voice in the management of the trust assets within certain limitations and with responsible guidance.

If you are thinking about a Young Adult Trust for your child and have many questions that need to be answered first, contact an experienced Riverside Family Law attorney who can help you decide if this is the right option for you and your child.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.